If 2020 has taught me one thing, it’s that you can never have enough loungewear! Without a doubt the best part of this quarantine was being able to leave the world of jeans and underwire bras behind and really cozy up at home with the fam in clothes that just felt good! For me, that’s normally leggings or pajama shorts and one of my husband’s tees. For awhile it was great- but then the same-ness (that’s a word, right?) of it all really started to wear me down. I still want to feel that level of comfort but elevate it a bit style wise. < Enter the Unwind Collection >
The Unwind Collection keeps you from making those hard choices between comfort and style. This four pattern collection covers all the bases- two patterns for intimates, a cozy pajama capsule, and a robe to tie it all together! Plus, as an added bonus- there is a FREE Sleep Mask available as part of the collection! But new patterns are not all we’ve been up to! We have also been making some changes to our tutorials as well!
One of the things we are most excited about with this new collection are the new additions that we have made to our pattern tutorials! When you open one for the first time you’ll immediately notice the brand new look and the tabs to the side. These tabs are linked to various places in the tutorial so when you click on the cut chart tab- it will take you straight there! Convenient, right?!? And look how pretty!
Another fun add is the Tips & Tricks section. This page is packed with so much information, especially if you are new to the sewing world. These sections will change a bit depending on whether or not your pattern is woven or knit fabric. They include information about your fabric, how to calculate stretch for your knits, different stitch types, common abbreviations and a list of tips and tricks to make sewing easier!
In an effort to make selecting a size easier, we have expanded our measurement section to include diagrams and explanations as they pertain to each pattern. This will help you get a much better fit on the first go around since your selecting your size based on what matters most in each pattern. Plus, check out our new sizing models! These will vary from pattern to pattern and are based of the beautiful bodies of some of our testers!
The adjustment guide is one of my personal favorite parts of the new patterns! This section will tell you how to make any of the common adjustments needed to get the perfect fit for you! It will cover size blending, bust adjustments, length adjustments and how to make those based on the specific pattern! This makes adjusting a breeze!
Ok so now for the good stuff- let’s talk about the patterns! The Unwind Collection is made up of four fabulous pdf patterns- the Fab Four- if you will. They are:
- The Briar Undergarment Set- this fun and sexy loungewear set has it all!
- Linden- this is a classic and comfy intimates set with tons of options for everyone!
- The Pepper Robe- from the bedroom and beyond, this robe is sure to turn heads!
- The Thistle Sleepy Set- this is a cozy pajama capsule with options to suit all your pj needs!
The Briar Undergarment Set
Oh Briar- be still my beating heart! This fun undergarment capsule has ALL THE THINGS! A fun and sexy bralette, a babydoll, quick-sew seamless undies, and the cutest little tap shorts! But lets be honest- the best part is that Briar has cup size options from A-H Cups. Amazing, right? Let’s take a look at some of the options that Briar has.
- The Bralette: This bralette is so versatile! Briar offers 3 different inner cup options each create a different style. The Simple version is the most revealing, as the cups meet at the middle. The banded look can be added to the simple inner cups for additional support and the illusion of more coverage. The Crossover version crosses over at the front of the band. The Twist gives a peek a boo style. Each inner cup MUST be paired with the outer cup. There are 2 strap options to choose from; cross straps or Y back. Briar has 3 band options to choose from. The crop band gives you a little more coverage and can be used as a top. The enclosed elastic band allows you to use all your cute fabrics to accent the bra, you will need 2”. The elastic band uses a 2” elastic.
- The Shorties: These are a flowy, sultry style of lounge shorts. They come with 2 rise options: low and high. You can choose from 2 different inseams: 2” and 3”. No need to hem, as knit fabric will not fray. 1” elastic is needed for the waist.
- The Undies: The Briar undies are quick and simple. No elastic or bands needed. There are only 3 steps. Pick from 3 different waist options: low, mid and high. You can pick a thong or cheeky style. These undies are referred to as “seamless” because when worn no seams are seen.
Linden is bringing you classic comfort in this versatile intimates collection. Linden features options for both a bra and panties sets in different cuts to suit your needs. One of the coolest features of Linden is the optional Leakproof Panel. The pattern tutorial gives lots of information on suitable fabrics and how to adjust the pattern to fit your specific needs. But this is just one option- let’s check out the others!
- The Sleep Bras: Linden features two different styles of bras- a scoop front and a cross front, both featuring a supportive racer back. You can finish the edges of your bra with bands or enclosed seams with elastic for extra support. The band also comes in several lengths from 1″-2″.
- The Undies: So. Many. Undies. You can choose from full coverage briefs or hi-cut bikini styles in high, mid, or low rise. A panel panty available in all three rises and a thong available in mid and low rise. You can finish the edges using either bands or elastic.
- The Leakproof Panel Panty: There are two options for leakproof protection. You can choose between a full leakproof panel (this will offer coverage throughout the entire center panel of your panty) or a partial leakproof panel (this will cover the same area as a pad would cover). This is perfect for your monthly visits from Aunt Flo, for use postpartum, as a back up to tampons or cups, or to control light bladder leakage.
The Pepper Robe
This robe is a stunner, y’all! From the bedroom to a poolside cover up- Pepper is so versatile! With different lengths and sleeve options you will get several seasons worth of wear from this pattern.
- The Robe: Pepper comes with a few different options to create endless style. The waist closure can be either buttons with elastic loops or a sash. You will need 1/8” elastic for the button closure. Choose from long sleeves or a flowy short circle sleeve. The Pepper robe has 3 length options to finish off your look: tunic, knee or duster.
The Thistle Sleepy Set
I am a lover of all the pajamajamajams! No matter what style of sleepwear you prefer- The Thistle Sleepy Set has something for you! Thistle is an entire sleep capsule rolled conveniently into one PDF Pattern and available in sizes NB-4X. Whether you’re in the mood for a romper, nightgown, maxi, or separates- we got you covered with Thistle. Check out some of the options this pattern has to offer
- The Tank: You can choose between a curved hem tank, a ruffled tank and a ruffled crop.
- The Sleep Shorts: These comfy sleep shorts are sure to be a hit! These have a 1″ elastic waistband and either a ruffled or straight hem. The Adult Thistle features three different inseam lengths.
- The Dresses: Choose between a knee length gown with a straight or ruffle hem or a floor length maxi dress.
- The Romper: This adorable henley romper is sure to be a hit with both you and your kiddos! Add an optional crotch snap placket for quick diaper changes on the Baby Thistle.
- The Extras: One of my favorite add-ons is the henley placket! This is great to elevate the style of your basic tanks and dresses or to make easy access for breastfeeding! The Adult Thistle also has an add on for a shelf bra for use with tanks and dresses
If you haven’t gotten a chance to check out these patterns yet- you can take a look right here:
We hope you love these patterns as much as we do and we can’t wait to see your makes!